Inspired by Italian street food, this recipe for Unconventional chickenless crostini, with pea pesto is perfect for a light snack or canape! The fresh flavours combine to deliver a taste of Italy, paired with the deliciously moist Chickenless fillets.
Serves 10 portions
For the Unconventional Chickenless Crostini with Pea Pesto
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Shallow fry the chickenless fillets on each side to give some colour and cook slightly.
- To create the glaze, combine the ingredients in a pan and bring to a simmer and reduce by half or until thickened.
- Turn the heat down and add the glaze with the thyme and basil and baste the chicken so that it’s completely coated and the glaze is starting to stick to the chicken, place in the oven for 4 -5 minutes to cook.
- Remove and leave to cool. Slice as required.
- Combine the peas, lemon and basil together with the garlic and blend to a coarse paste.
- Add the remaining pea pesto ingredients and blend to a coarse puree.
- For the crostini, slice the bread into thin even slices and then brush with the oil and season.
Then place into an oven at 160c and bake until crisp and slightly coloured.
- Place a crostini on a plate and then spread over some of the pesto. Slice the lemon chicken and place a few slices on top.
- Brush with the lemon glaze and serve!
Recipe by Steve Walpole for Unconventional
For the lemon chicken
|Unconventional Chickenless Fillets||180g|
|Lemon Glaze||(See below)|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp|
For the crostini
|Ciabatta or Focaccia Bread||140g|
For the lemon glaze
For the pea pesto
|Frozen Peas Defrosted and Drained||50g|
|Pine Nuts Toasted||20g|
|Olive Oil||5 Tbsps|
|Garlic Chopped||1 clove|